No. of Pages: 245
Price: $ 2995
This Kalorama Information report - The World Market for Cancer Therapeutics and Biotherapeutics, 4th Edition - focuses on several segments for cancer treatment including:
• Chemotherapy, including -subcategories Alkylating Agents, Antimetabolites, Cytotoxic Agents, Plant Derivatives -Brands such as Elotaxin, Taxotere, Gemzar, Alimta and Temodar with Market Share for each
• Hormone Therapy: -Subcategories include Corticosteroids, Hormone Agonists/Antagonists, Aromatase Inhibitors and SERMS-Brands such as Arimidex, Casodex, Zoladex, Femara and Lupron with Market Share for each.
• Immunotherapy and Biotherapy, including: -Monoclonal antibodies, interleukins/interferons, vaccines and other biotherapy-Brands such as Rituxan, Herceptin, Gleevec, Evastin and Erbitux
One of the most promising new approaches in modern cancer treatment is immunotherapy or biotherapy, the development of methods to augment and enhance the body’s natural tendency to defend itself against malignant tumors without damaging healthy tissue. The report devotes particular attention to these new therapies.
Browse All: Pharmaceuticals Market Research Reports
This report, Kalorama's fourth complete research effort into the oncology treatments market in the past ten years, provides market size information for the various types of cancers including the following:
• Multiple Myeloma
The report covers both currently marketed and late stage development cancer products. Revenues for each current market segment were generated using dollar and unit sales for each product.
The report includes statistical information for cancers by type worldwide, with special emphasis on the U.S. market. Specifically, cancers where there are current products available or are in development and/or have significant incidence/mortality rates are profiled. The market segments provide an overview, description of products on the market, leading product sales, market estimates and forecasts, and competitive analysis of leading providers. The report also includes a list of products in development and current issues and trends affecting the industry.
The information for this report was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary method of gathering information. For the purpose of this study Kalorama Information conducted interviews with key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Specific interviews with pharmaceutical company representatives included marketing directors, division managers, and product representatives.
As part of its coverage, the report looks at the following trends
• Insurance and Reimbursement Issues
• Cancer Drug Costs
• Personalized Medicine
• Targeted Cancer Therapy
• Alliances Acquisitions and Licensing Agreements
• Patient-Reported Outcomes
• Alcohol’s Affect on Cancer Incidence
• Healthy Lifestyles Continue to Show Promise for Cancer Prevention
• Obesity in the U.S.
• Outlook for a Healthier U.S. Population
• Cancer Trends
• Marketing and Distribution Trends
• Geographical Trends (US, Europe, Japan)
• Elderly Clinical Trial Involvement
• Late-Stage Drug Development Trends
All market data pertains to the world market at the manufacturers’ level. The base year for data was 2010. Historical data was provided for the years 2005 through 2009, with forecast data provided for 2011 through 2015. Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for the 2005-2010, 2010-2015 and 2005-2015 periods for each industry segment covered. Competitive analysis is provided for the year 2010. The forecasted market analysis for 2010-2015 was based on probability of approval and sales of products in late stage development, competitive trends, product marketing, and demographic trends.