Published: October 2011
No. of Pages: 210
Price: $ 3995
In previous editions of Kalroama Information's wireless technologies market report, we described wireless IT systems and devices being used in some model healthcare environments. The use of these technologies has moved well beyond these settings and should be of interest to marketers of many products, even those outside of healthcare IT. While not every healthcare system has gone wireless, 2011 has seen no letdown in the implementation of these technologies in healthcare. Almost all healthcare organizations have had to adjust to the use of these technologies in some form.
Kalorama’s Wireless in Healthcare 2011 is your guide to the growing market for wireless healthcare applications in the United States. This report contains explanations that cut through the confusion surrounding technologies and provide readers with a total picture of wireless in healthcare.
Current and Future US Markets for Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, UWB, WMAN and WLAN
Since the previous edition, some technologies have performed better than others and 2010 results have led to reforecasting of some technologies. The competitive arena has not dramatically changed since last year, with a few key players dominating and opportunity for smaller companies, but developments have been interesting.
Browse All: Healthcare Market
The report provides:
• Discussion of Trends in the Wireless Technology in Healthcare Marketplace, Products and Customer Case Studies of Wireless Applications.
• Current Revenues and Forecasts to 2015 for all Wireless Technologies by Healthcare Application.
• Current Revenues and Forecasts to 2015 for all Wireless Technologies by Technology Type.
• Scores of Tables and Figures provide accessible information about the wireless in healthcare marketplace.
• Detailed Profiles of 9 Key Companies in this market, major products and key executives.
• Explanation of the Major Technologies, ( Zigbee, Bluetooth, RFID, UWB, WMAN and WLAN )that are being used in healthcare.
Because of the focus on healthcare IT in the United States, the report focuses on this region. Some discussion of non-US opportunities and company efforts is included. The report provides today’s market figures and realistic projections for future revenues based on consideration of data and extensive interviews with industry experts. Looking at several detailed case studies, the report shows how wireless is already being used by major healthcare companies across a wide variety of applications, including:
• Homecare and Telemedicine
• Pharmaceutical Research (Clinical Drug Trials)
• Inventory Control
• Pharmaceutical Sales Force Management
• Inventory Control
• Physician Offices
• Nursing Homes
• Medical and Diagnostic Laboratories
• Patient Monitoring
The report looks at several case studies where wireless technologies were implemented at various healthcare concerns and assesses the benefits derived from implementaton. Some case studies include:
• Sentara Healthcare's Electronic Medical Records and Wireless Technologies Information Technology System
• Rural Wireless Healthcare: 3G Mobile Medicine Partners in 3G Mobile Medicine Project
• George Washington University Hospital - WLAN Implementation
• Meridian At Home Pilot Program, Benefits of Implementation
• Memorial Medical Center - WLAN Implementation Requirement for Implementation of Wireless Technologies
• Cardinal Health and RFID Implementation
• Achieve Healthcare Technologies - e-Prescription
• Bayer Healthcare - e-Drug Trials and Requirement for e-Drug Trials
The report details the companies in this field - and why there is still an opportunity for new competitors. It discusses the currently implemented technologies and the technologies to watch that in four years, will gain impressive market share. Finally, it describes the trends that will push market expansion and reduction of cost of these devices. The healthcare applications and marketplace for the following technologies are discussed in detail:
• Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)
• Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMAN)
• Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWAN)
As a global report, Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare will look at opportunities available in the European Union and at Asian markets, while focusing on the US market
Kalorama’s unique and thorough research process provides an exhaustive analysis of this evolving market. Information was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. For the purpose of this study, Kalorama Information conducted telephone and email interviews with key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Specific interviews with wireless technology company representatives included marketing directors, division managers, and product development representatives.
In addition to superior coverage of the overall wireless healthcare market, in-depth company profiles are included for the following wireless technology companies:
• Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, inc.
• Cerner Corporation
• Cisco Systems, Inc.
• Extreme Networks, Inc.
• GE Healthcare
• Hewlett Packard Corporation
• McKesson Corporation
• Medtronic, Inc.
• Motorola Solutions, Inc.
• Philips Healthcare
• Siemens Healthcare